God Blesses In The Little Things Too!
January 3, 2018 | LeAnn Harris
Happy New Year…I pray everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe new year. This holiday season has been one of the best. I love this time of year and all the memories that it brings. The Lord blessed me in so many ways this year…
My mom and I were able to see The Nutcracker this year. It was great, I had never been to a ballet before.
We also, celebrated Hanukkah this year. I have been reading through the Old Testament and wanted to learn more about Hanukkah and what it is all about. We had a wonderful time learning the story of Hanukkah and lighting the candles. It was a good time to remember the Lords faithfulness in our own lives, and to thank Him for sending His one and only Son, the true meaning of the season.
I got to go Christmas caroling with my brother Mike…everyone loves Christmas caroling right?? It was so much fun, a bit cold, but nothing a hot chocolate couldn’t fix afterwards.
Christmas eve we had a wonderful candle light service with communion at church. It was awesome, being with everyone singing and praising the Lord together and remembering Him…the reason for the season and the reason we can have eternal life in heaven.
And to make the night and the next Christmas Day even better….it SNOWED!! It was like the cherry on top of a perfect holiday. I even got the sandals that I wanted…it’s the little things in life.
God is so wonderful and loving to give us things sometimes…. things that in the quietness of our hearts long to have, but don’t always need. Even things like snow on Christmas and a pair of sandals. The God of the universe is personal; He is loving, kind and just; He is a Father who wants holiness for His children. I, am, in awe of Him!!!!
We closed 2017 with friends and family. New Year’s Eve we had church serves and then a potluck afterwards, followed by games and birthday cake for my brother Mike and me. We struggled to get to midnight, but we made it.
As I look back over this past year, a lot of things have happened, things are moving forward, and the Lord is at work. I’m so excited to see what this new year brings.
I am back in full time support raising mode. I will start traveling to Churches again starting next week. The Lord is teaching me and growing me in so many ways. I love that each and every day He is growing me into the person that He wants me to be. I am humbled every day by what He has done for me. First for my salvation through His Son Jesus and then my relationship with Him that grows stronger and stronger every day.
As I head into this new year I’m also very thankful for you. I could not be doing what I’m doing without you. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement, and for being with me on this journey. We cannot do this life alone!
– Time spent with family & friends during the holidays
– The Lord adding team members to my team
– Lords leading in contacts
– My Church family
– Mike and I starting a discipleship study
– New/reliable car for Mom & I
– Gods Living Word
– My relationship with Jesus
– Travel mercies on the road
– Soften hearts to what the Lord is doing in Kenya and willingness to have me share it with them
– The Lords leading of people to join our team
– Mike and I are starting a new study on discipleship on Sunday nights
– Hearts to be changed to seeing the need for discipleship
– I will be representing Tentmakers Bible Mission next month at Frontier School of the Bible
– Pray for my time with the students
– The Lord will lead and guide my lessons I will be teaching
– I will be a good representative of who and what TBM strives for
Because of His Grace,